NOW HIRING: OISA Head Coach
With long time OISA Head Coach JD moving away, OISA is in need an organization wide head coach. This is a paid position and can be performed concurrently with any team coaching duties.
The OISA head coach position will work with the OISA board and league presidents to oversee all coaching of the competition series, safety standards, and course conditions for the Oregon Interscholastic Snowboard Association. You will lead coach clinics for all incoming and returning coaches. Oversee competition venues for progression and safety. Assist the OISA board plan for future competitions and different venues. Lastly, you will ensure the highest level of coaching with an emphasis on growth for the students, instead of progression for the sport.
- Head coach of an OISA team (or equivalent) for 3+ years
- Strong Knowledge of OISA Rules
- Availability for occasional board meetings and any prescribed duties as OISA Head Coach
- Ability to productively engage with venue staff and management both on comp days and in meetings.
- Clearly communicate coaching requirements, standards and expectations verbally and in writing.
- Strong snowboard ability.
- Desire to grow the OISA coach pool in both size and ability.
- Meets all requirements to be a coach.
- Solid high five.
- Lead all coach clinics
- Ensure safe practice and competition venues
- Help coaches and leagues as needed to give the riders the best experience
- Setting courses for various events
- Leading by example among both coaches and riders
Apply via the form below with the answers to the following questions:
- Years snowboarding, competing, and/or coaching?
- Years coaching with OISA. Years as head coach. Most gratifying and challenging situations?
- Biggest challenge facing OISA head coach?
- Brief list of changes/ideas etc you’d like to enact if hired to the position.
- Submit 2 references